Thursday 29 October 2009

Islesburgh Photographic Club - Month 1

This was my first time along to this club and first to any photographic club so I was a bit nervous yet curious to see exactly what it was all about.

The organisers made me very welcome and included me very well in the evenings events.

First up was to select 20 images from a list of 63 to be put forward for a club vs club competition - The "Tovil Battle". This was an interesting show of various images over a whole variety of topics. Wildlife and Landscape shots seemed most prominent. After the 20 or so member all voted for their favourite images there was a clear 20 images that are now to be sent away.

After a cup of tea and a chat with a few of the other members about our setups and what we like/dislike taking shots of we moved onto the second part of the evening.

This was to view and critique a selection of images from a travelling photograph collection. There was about 40 images again covering a whole range of subjects. This then followed by a local retired proffessional photographer expressing his likes and dislikes about the collection.

The final part of the evening was more judging. There is an "in house" competition and this month the theme was "close up". This time we had to mark the images between 1 and 5. There was 16 images in total and I just marked on my personal preference over anything else. My favourite was a close up of a dog's nose. Just because I can appreciate how difficult a subject it is to get a decent shot of.

It was a very informative evening and I will be sure to head back.

Heres the club link for info - IPC

No comments:

Post a Comment