Saturday 24 October 2009

Project 1 - Focal Length

I visited Delting Boating Club yesterday afternoon firstly to bail out my little boat but also to get started on these projects.

I took 3 Images focusing on Pontoon 2 at the Marina. These pictures were printed off at A4 size and I returned to the location to compare them to the actual scene.

Image 1

This image was taken at what I perceived to be nearest to the Human eye. 50mm Focal Length

Nikon D40 with Nikon DX 18-55mm Kit Lense - F5.3, 160



Image 2

This image was taken at my available 'shortest' focal length. 18mm Focal Length

Nikon D40 with Nikon DX 18-55mm Kit Lense - F5.6 125



Image 3

This image was taken at my available 'longest' focal length. 300mm Focal Length

Nikon D40 with Tamron 70 - 300mm Telephoto Lense - F5.6 200



These images were printed off and I returned to location. I found that the 50mm image was closest to my face, the 18mm image would have to be way behind my head and that the 300mm image was several metres in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment